news: atkins law suit
America the beautiful eh? So the week after I assign my Ethics and Values students to read the first chapter from The Death of Common Sense -which talks about how our laws are helping us forget how to think for ourselves- I catch this news story on the evil box. Apparently some loon in Florida is trying sue because 'he almost died' after being on the Atkins diet.
It just so happens that his cholesterol and all that good stuff went way up after being on the diet and his arteries got nice and plugged up. According to the news report his complaint was against the low carb diet because it didn't restrict the high fat foods. All I want to ask is -did it restrict eating glue? Did it restrict eating cement? Did it restrict eating poop? QED
Why are we so okay with people not using their brains? Why do we just keep humoring ridiculous suits like this encouraging us to abandons responsibility and the consequences for OUR actions?
America the beautiful eh? So the week after I assign my Ethics and Values students to read the first chapter from The Death of Common Sense -which talks about how our laws are helping us forget how to think for ourselves- I catch this news story on the evil box. Apparently some loon in Florida is trying sue because 'he almost died' after being on the Atkins diet.
It just so happens that his cholesterol and all that good stuff went way up after being on the diet and his arteries got nice and plugged up. According to the news report his complaint was against the low carb diet because it didn't restrict the high fat foods. All I want to ask is -did it restrict eating glue? Did it restrict eating cement? Did it restrict eating poop? QED
Why are we so okay with people not using their brains? Why do we just keep humoring ridiculous suits like this encouraging us to abandons responsibility and the consequences for OUR actions?


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home