help: computer security
Okay so I had a trial version of Norton Anti-virus deal-e-o and it expired yesterday. Today it told me that I had a trojan horse but it couldn't remove it unless I renewed my subscription. But instead of doing that for 40 bucks I downloaded for free a virus scan from the university that is free for students. All of a sudden my computer started freezing and acting insane. I tried to do a scan and it was going weird and freezing up and Norton was trying to read a file and finally I disabled Norton and finished the scan and my computer is running fine and the scan said nothing was found.
Should I be concerned about the trojan that Norton reported? Should I be concerned about anything else?
I"m inclined to think this is an evil trick from the Norton people to try and get me to renew. Do any of you know about this stuff or have any idea if I should do anything further? I need my computer to stay alive and fully functional.
Okay so I had a trial version of Norton Anti-virus deal-e-o and it expired yesterday. Today it told me that I had a trojan horse but it couldn't remove it unless I renewed my subscription. But instead of doing that for 40 bucks I downloaded for free a virus scan from the university that is free for students. All of a sudden my computer started freezing and acting insane. I tried to do a scan and it was going weird and freezing up and Norton was trying to read a file and finally I disabled Norton and finished the scan and my computer is running fine and the scan said nothing was found.
Should I be concerned about the trojan that Norton reported? Should I be concerned about anything else?
I"m inclined to think this is an evil trick from the Norton people to try and get me to renew. Do any of you know about this stuff or have any idea if I should do anything further? I need my computer to stay alive and fully functional.


4 Comments:
There's a good free program called SpyBot that you should download and install. That should help keep out spyware and other problems.
What Is Wrong with so many Spy-Ware Tools that promise to do the job?
After installing you find out they use so much memory! They have to run in
the systems tray and always have to be run on a regular weekly bases!
And if thats not enough we find out we have to pay for the upgrade
so it will run in the background,But it still sucks up the memory!
Simple Solution you want a software that will kill that Spyware
and all the Gremlins on contact use the least memory and be a
Set & Forget Tool!
Grab it Now Free plus a how to Video w/ Xp Mini Course !
I have a computer too slow
"I just came across your blog about advertising sales and wanted to let you know that I am impressed with the information here. I also have a website with an added resource that pertains to advertising sales so I know that your blog is fantastic. Continue with the great resource that you are providing to everyone on the Net!"
And on a lighter note than pure louisiana lawyer , check out the funniest trial transcript ever! If it's not serious enough of a topic, well, just pretend it's the Brit's version of louisiana lawyer !
Post a Comment
<< Home