movies: Some thoughts on Episode III

So we did it, last night the 12:25am showing. While it's got some cool parts and some rediculous parts, it doesn't really seem like the type of movie you see because its good or bad. YOu should just see it, for the cultural experiences.
What I find most interesting about this movie are the kids, the generation whose Star Wars will be these last three. It's weird. All these kids are wrapped up in these new ones but it seems like their nothing without the realization of the others. Daniel and I were noticing how incredibly dark and iffy this last one was for kids, and I made the comment that it seems like for the kids who aren't familiar with the "real" movies, these new ones culminating in the episode III is in a way like attending a Good Friday service with no idea that Easter is coming and that good does still prevail.
I like them as a set, as a background story. But this last one, on it's own is mostly distrubing -but I guess that makes it the perfect set up.

So we did it, last night the 12:25am showing. While it's got some cool parts and some rediculous parts, it doesn't really seem like the type of movie you see because its good or bad. YOu should just see it, for the cultural experiences.

What I find most interesting about this movie are the kids, the generation whose Star Wars will be these last three. It's weird. All these kids are wrapped up in these new ones but it seems like their nothing without the realization of the others. Daniel and I were noticing how incredibly dark and iffy this last one was for kids, and I made the comment that it seems like for the kids who aren't familiar with the "real" movies, these new ones culminating in the episode III is in a way like attending a Good Friday service with no idea that Easter is coming and that good does still prevail.
I like them as a set, as a background story. But this last one, on it's own is mostly distrubing -but I guess that makes it the perfect set up.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home