requests: good movies
So I am probably going to be leading a Bible study/small group thing for my church starting up next month called either The Christian and the World's Movies or Faith and Films of something else. But I was curious if any of you had suggestions on movies that had a theme or message (or a few) that might be interesting to watch or discuss.
I'm not looking for cheesy Christian movies, I want mainstream or art farty stuff that normal people might watch. The idea is to help people grow in their understanding of scripture using movies as relevant illustrations as well as help people make connections between the movies people are talking about anyways and their faith (either to help themselves or help others understand it better).
So these can be anything that is for or against Christianity. The movies could say something about God, Man, Jesus, Salvation, The Christian Life, or Christian Culture or some strange conception of these or the movies could just be a good illustration of one of these themes.
So I am probably going to be leading a Bible study/small group thing for my church starting up next month called either The Christian and the World's Movies or Faith and Films of something else. But I was curious if any of you had suggestions on movies that had a theme or message (or a few) that might be interesting to watch or discuss.
I'm not looking for cheesy Christian movies, I want mainstream or art farty stuff that normal people might watch. The idea is to help people grow in their understanding of scripture using movies as relevant illustrations as well as help people make connections between the movies people are talking about anyways and their faith (either to help themselves or help others understand it better).
So these can be anything that is for or against Christianity. The movies could say something about God, Man, Jesus, Salvation, The Christian Life, or Christian Culture or some strange conception of these or the movies could just be a good illustration of one of these themes.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home